Just threw this together last night, but my coworker was so impressed by my leftovers that I decided to post the recipe. Please to be enjoying!
- 3 chicken breast halves
- 3-6 slices prisciutto
- 1 cup flour
- 4 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 small yellow onion, coarsely chopped
- 8 oz. or more of Oyster Mushrooms, cut into bite-size pieces
- Dried sage
- 1 cup Chicken Stock
- 2 cups Dry White Wine
- 1 lemon
- First, flattened the shit out of your chicken breastses, using wax paper and a meat PULVERIZER tenderizer until they are a uniform thickness of approximately 1/4 to 1/2 inch. Season both sides of the chicken with salt and pepper. lay a few pieces of prosciutto on top of each breast, then fold over and press together with toothpicks.
- Dredge the chicken/ham folds in the flour. Shake off excess flour.
- Heat the oil in a large saute pan to about medium-high heat. Brown the chicken in the oil until golden and crispy on each side. Add the onion and mushrooms and saute briefly, until shrinking and sizzling. Add the dried sage in generous amounts and mix well.
- Next, add your white wine and scrape the good fried bits off the bottom of the pan. Add in the chicken stock. Bring to a simmer, and cook on medium heat until the sauce has reduced by about 1/3rd.
- Remove form heat and spritz the chicken with lemon juice. Let sit for 5 minutes, then serve over buttered white rice or pasta.
- Bon in mah belly!